Colon cancerColon Cancer Risk. About it!. Read more ... » symptoms and signs are the major concern today, especially for those of us over fifty years old. There is much written about colon cancer symptomsColon Cancer Risk. About it!. Read more ... » and signs in recent times so you have many resources atyour disposal.
Here we briefly review some of the things to consider if you are interested in colon cancer symptoms and signs. Note that your best resource, if you have any concern, is your doctor.
Although colon cancer symptoms and signs can be life threatening, this cancer has a good survival rate if caught early, so be alert. Be sure to have regular checkups and examinations prescribed.
Colon Cancer Symptoms And Signs. What To Look For:
• Has there been a change in bowel habits? An isolated may not be significant, but if things have changed enough to realize then it’s worth checking in with a doctor to find out any colon cancer symptoms and signs.
• Have you developed diarrhea that can not be explained by diet or disease?
• Have you developed constipation for reasons unknown?
• Do you feel like when you move your bowels have not completely emptied?
• Any bleeding? Blood may appear as bright red or dark colored.
• Any pain in the abdomen?
• Have you lost weight without trying?
• Do you feel more tired these days?
These symptoms do not mean you have colon cancer symptoms and signs, so do not let your imagination into overdrive. Take note and if they are not a one-time thing or have questions, then you get to the doctor’s office.
Colon cancer appear over time. In other words, you can have colon cancer long before you notice any changes. So if you have any questions, get tested.
Colon Cancer Symptoms And Signs. Prevention!
Studies on ways to prevent colon cancer are on going, but what we do know is that there are certain risk factors for this cancer. If you recognize yourself as having any of these risk factors and then address them. Watch for regular checkups.
• Are you over 40? There is nothing you can do about your age, but just be aware that age is a consideration to present colon cancer symptoms and signs.
• Being overweight and do not exercise much? The experts seem to believe that obesity and lack of exercise can contribute to the development of cancer and colon cancer symptoms and signs.
• Do you smoke? Smoking is a risk factor for many diseases including colon cancer so this is another reason to quit smoking now.
• Alcohol. Alcohol consumption may be a risk factor that contributes to the colon cancer symptoms and signs.
Your health is the most important. Do not take it lightly. Be aware of your body and notice unexplained changes. Tell your doctor and make sure to get regular checkups and never forget that colon cancer symptoms and signs can appears anytime.